Thursday, February 14, 2013

All in a Day's Work

I so wish there were more hours in the day.

I know! It's ridiculously cliche to feel that way, but it's true. I can not get everything done that I need to, let alone the things I WANT to. Children must be educated, fed, cared for, loved on, laundry done, meals prepared, errands run, on and on and on...

And what do I WANT to be doing?

Playing my cello or piano, reading books to the kids, reading my own books, napping and oh yes, writing that book of mine.

I find moments to squeeze most of what is required of me, some of what would be good to get done and almost none of what I want to be doing in a day.

I need to work on balance more. But really, with five tiny children, there isn't much wiggle room.

Unless I get less sleep, which doesn't sound appealing.

I better stop writing this blog post and get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment